[webkit-dev] Common build system (was Re: WebKit Wishes)

Mark Mentovai mark at chromium.org
Tue Feb 5 06:09:33 PST 2013

The parser (and the grammar) works the way it does because it’s just
Python—the whole thing can be slurped in quickly by the interpreter and
made available to GYP as data. It’s faster than a parser written in Python
for a similar language would be, and it’d likely take a binary Python
module to approach or exceed this speed. Developers don’t like waiting for
tools.

With that in mind, I’d be open to experimenting with alternative (probably
optional) formats.