[webkit-dev] Using ninja (was Re:Common build system (was Re: WebKit Wishes))

Dean Jackson dino at apple.com
Sun Feb 3 13:22:44 PST 2013

OK, this sounds fantastic. And I've noticed how much faster Chromium
incrementally builds using ninja when I've done that.

So, ignoring the discussion of a single build system for a moment, how
can I, as a developer using the OS X + WK2 port, living mostly
in Xcode for editing and debugging, use ninja? I need the idiot's
guide :)

(Note: I am an idiot, but not so much an idiot to realise that the
answer involves lots of work and probably updating some old GYP
files that you and Adam were testing with, etc etc. I'm just selfishly
thinking that cutting even 30s off each incremental rebuild would make
me so much happier that I'd be willing to put up with other
inconveniences.)

Dean