[webkit-dev] Exporting symbols (was Re: Common build system (was Re: WebKit Wishes))

Eric Seidel eric at webkit.org
Sat Feb 2 22:23:30 PST 2013

What I've learned from this thread, is that AppleWin and AppleMac are the
only two ports which require lists of exported symbols.  If both were to
convert to using EXPORT decorators instead, then we could remove needs for
fixing export lists.

Please correct me if I've misunderstood.

Other ports (including GTK), it seems need an internals-specific export
macro, in order to export window.internals necessary symbols from their
WebKit dynamic library.  I believe this is true of all ports (with the
possible exception of Chromium).