[webkit-dev] WebKit, C++11, and Visual Studio 2013

Anders Carlsson andersca at apple.com
Fri Dec 13 12:52:46 PST 2013

On Dec 9, 2013, at 2:43 AM, Osztrogonác Csaba <oszi at inf.u-szeged.hu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there any plan to use more C++11 featurese not mentioned here?
>
> I just ask it, because many of us still use Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with
> its default compiler - GCC 4.6. (Now EFL and Nix port builds fine.)
>
> So my question is if we will need GCC 4.7 or 4.8 in the near future
> because of using C++11 featurese not supported by older compilers?
>
> You can find here the GCC's C++11 support table:
> http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/cxx0x.html

I’m about to land a patch that will require variadic templates, and I plan to do the same thing for range-based for loops. These are both supported by GCC 4.6.

Going forward I’d really like us to start using template aliases, which is a 4.7 feature. If that’s a problem we can hold off that for the time being.

- Anders