[webkit-dev] Proposal: Move CSS3 Text Decoration properties out of CSS3_TEXT feature flag / remove vendor prefix

Bruno de Oliveira Abinader bruno.d at partner.samsung.com
Tue Aug 20 16:17:30 PDT 2013

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs at apple.com<mailto:mjs at apple.com>>
Date: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 2:34 PM
To: Bruno de Oliveira Abinader <bruno.d at partner.samsung.com<mailto:bruno.d at partner.samsung.com>>
Subject: Re: [webkit-dev] Proposal: Move CSS3 Text Decoration properties out of CSS3_TEXT feature flag / remove vendor prefix

I agree with removing the vendor prefix, but the feature flag should probably stay until ports are all ready to turn it on. There may be reasons other than spec maturity to not have it on yet. That being said, now is probably a good time to explore turning the flag on.

A follow-up question: is our implementation of these properties reasonably complete and correct? If there are serious bugs, then shipping unprefixed may be dangerous.

 - Maciej

Acknowledged, for unprefixing the properties, I'd need to backport some modifications I've implemented on Blink to make text-decoration become a shorthand, but besides that, I believe the work is relatively easy for the other properties. Please see my reply to Ryosuke about the implementation completeness/compabitlity status. In resume, I could say our implementation is OK, without serious bugs to handle AFAIK.

Best regards,
Bruno