[webkit-dev] Some loading tests disturbance coming

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Thu Aug 8 13:39:16 PDT 2013

Hi,

Just a heads up about changes I'm making to DumpRenderTree and WebKitTestRunner to improve dumping of file URLs in delegate callbacks.

webkit.org/b/116125 - This changes WebKitTestRunner to log paths in a way that's more similar to DumpRenderTree. It's an old patch from May that I re-landed earlier today.
webkit.org/b/116491 - Another step towards making it more similar. Will finish the patch and land it later today.
webkit.org/b/119590 - Fix <unknown> paths that are often printed in loading delegates. This is the reason why I started making other changes, as <unknown> paths are very confusing.

This is likely to disturb bots in multiple ways. First, there have to be platform specific test results that were tweaked to old behavior. I'll try to update as much as I can based on bot results, but I'm sure that I will overlook some.

Second, some platforms have incompatibilities in their implementations of path printing, further complicating test results cleanup. I've filed bugs about these,

webkit.org/b/119583 [Win] URL printing code in DumpRenderTree doesn't match WTR or Mac DRT
webkit.org/b/119584 [Gtk] URL printing code in DumpRenderTree doesn't match WTR or Mac DRT
webkit.org/b/119585 [EFL] URL printing code in DumpRenderTree doesn't match WTR or Mac DRT
webkit.org/b/119591 [Qt] URL printing code in DumpRenderTreeQt doesn't match WTR or Mac DRT

I expect that any changes will only affect a handful of test results, mostly WebKit2 ones (as WebKit1 code is platform specific and so are many of the results). Please let me know if there are issues with my plan, or if you would like to coordinate timing.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov