[webkit-dev] Do we need subpixel layout (Was: Should SATURATED_ARITHMETIC_LAYOUT be forced when enabling SUBPIXEL_LAYOUT ?)

Emil A Eklund eae at chromium.org
Thu Aug 1 06:40:29 PDT 2013

As someone who worked on both subpixel layout and saturated layout
arithmetic I would strongly suggest that subpixel layout isn't used
without saturated arithmetic as the reduced range of supported values
with subpixel layout enabled makes numeric overflows rather common.
Combining the two makes sense to me but isn't my decision to make.

If you have any further questions or concerns about either I'd be
happy to help answer them as best I can.

Regards,
Emil