[webkit-dev] Crash in JSC while loading gap.com on 1.6.3

Xan Lopez xan at gnome.org
Tue Apr 30 00:27:45 PDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 9:11 AM, Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde at carewolf.com>wrote:

> He probably refers to 1.6.3 of WebKitGTK+, the confusion comes from the
> fact
> that WebKitGTK+ calls themselves and their library 'WebKit' on Linux with
> no
> attempt of disambiguation.

I doubt it. The confusion comes from the fact that most people using WebKit
are not really aware of there being different ports, and most of those
trying to solve some issue will start with "Hi I'm using WebKit version..."
regardless of what they are actually using.

In any case, we append "gtk" to all our library names these days, 1.6.3 is
just an old version. I also suggest to at least try again with 2.0.1.

Xan