[webkit-dev] What do we do with various Web component features?

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Fri Apr 26 21:46:25 PDT 2013

Hi,

There appears to be a lot of Web component related features in WebKit that
used to be maintained by Chromium contributors; specifically those related
to Shadow DOM and node distributions.

What do we do with them? The specification is still under the construction
and our implementation is getting outdated day by day.

I certainly see the value of the proposed specification, and I would like
it to be shipped by WebKit browsers. However, having unmaintained code that
is this invasive in WebCore is very harmful in short term.

Is anyone stepping up to maintain the code, or should we consider removing
them for the time being?

- R. Niwa

--
- R. Niwa