[webkit-dev] Current status of threaded compositor for WebKit Gtk

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Mon Apr 15 02:11:59 PDT 2013

On Sunday 14 April 2013, Martin Robinson wrote:
> I'm surprised you didn't focus on WebKit2, since WebKit1 is in
> maintenance mode now.

WebKit1 is easier to develop for. Especially now that we are not allowed to
develop in WebKit2 anymore..

Second. Part of what this worl gives us is to unify the code-paths that QtWK1
and QtWK2 uses and thereby get rid of WK1 specific codepaths in WK2. I think
it is a mistake to keep WK1 so undeveloped that it just ties up code in
WebCore we can not remove or clean up.

Regards
`Allan