[webkit-dev] Adding "__FILE__" and "__LINE__" to CRASH() macro

Arunprasad Rajkumar ararunprasad at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 02:59:37 PDT 2013

(Hope this is the proper mailing list to ask, Sorry in-case of not)

Hello Folks,

In embedded platforms(mostly debugger is missing) it very difficult(for us)
to debug the issues without proper prints in CRASH macro. Though it has
"WTFReportBacktrace();" due to some constraints we are not getting proper
call stack information(debug build with -g is costlier for us) .

So we are thinking to extend the functionality of WTFInvokeCrashHook by
passing __FILE__ & __LINE__ and printing it. Any suggestion?

If you all agreed then I will create bug and submit a patch.

Thanks & BR

--
*Arunprasad Rajkumar*
http://in.linkedin.com/in/ararunprasad