[webkit-dev] Rewriting binding code generator, maybe?

Tim Mahoney tim.mahoney at me.com
Wed Apr 10 18:31:17 PDT 2013

If a rewrite does happen, it would be nice to have some generic functionality abstracted away from the specific language generators. For example, the function to add an #include statement to the generated implementation file is currently replicated for every language. JS and V8 have "AddToImplIncludes", while CPP and ObjC have "AddIncludesForType". I personally copy+pasted a lot of code from CPP and JS for the Ruby code generator, and it would be nice if some of that was more generic.

-Tim