[webkit-dev] Rewriting binding code generator, maybe?

Kentaro Hara haraken at chromium.org
Wed Apr 10 16:48:08 PDT 2013

> I know some folks in our TOK office have expressed strong interest
> in re-writing it in python for Blink.

Yeah, I'm planning (but in low priority) to rewrite it in Python after
cleaning up IDLs and code generators. The difficulty is that
CodeGenerator*.pm are not the only target for rewriting. We also have to
rewrite IDLParser.pm (2500 lines) and all other related Perl scripts at a
breath. Although we can proceed with the work incrementally by defining
intermediate data structure between Python and Perl, it will anyway be a
huge amount of work.