[webkit-dev] Is there a plan for supporting multi-process and WebCL in webkit

Dirk Pranke dpranke at chromium.org
Wed Apr 10 12:37:26 PDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 7:37 AM, Filip Pizlo <fpizlo at apple.com> wrote:

> On Apr 10, 2013, at 2:29 AM, "Pozdnyakov, Mikhail" <
> mikhail.pozdnyakov at intel.com> wrote:
>

> >> Why not infer ParallelArrays automatically?
> > Sorry, did not get it. Could you please elaborate?
>
> Normal JS arrays. You use them with pure computation. Profiler notices
> this. And then the same things that you have in the ParallelArrays proposal
> now work except you don't need a new type.

Compiler writers have been chasing this problem for 50 years, with (AFAIK)
very limited success for languages that don't give you compile-time
annotations to help you along. I'm not aware of any work on JIT compilers
doing this. Why do you think we could do better? (Honest question, I'm not
trying to be snarky, nor am I an expert).