[webkit-dev] Is there a plan for supporting multi-process and WebCL in webkit

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Wed Apr 10 02:38:23 PDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 2:29 AM, Pozdnyakov, Mikhail <
mikhail.pozdnyakov at intel.com> wrote:

> > Why not infer ParallelArrays automatically?
> Sorry, did not get it. Could you please elaborate?
>
> I'm not insisting on this concrete proposal, my point is just that it
> would be more safe and natural to enhance
> ECMAScript (enable parallel calculations there) rather than make
> developers to introduce OpenCL snippets to their web apps.

Filip is saying that we should be able to auto-detect scripts that are
using ParallelArrays implicitly instead of adding a new type and making Web
developers use it.  i.e. if it quacks like a duck, then optimize it as a
duck. And I completely agree with Filip on this.

- R. Niwa