[webkit-dev] Buildsystem cleanup

Mark Rowe mrowe at apple.com
Mon Apr 8 15:58:05 PDT 2013

On 2013-04-08, at 15:44, Patrick Gansterer <paroga at paroga.com> wrote:

> Am 08.04.2013 um 21:26 schrieb Roger Fong:
>
>> Unfortunately this would cause a lot of complication in our internal build setup that we currently don’t really have the resources to deal with right now.
>
> Please don't get me wrong, but I only get a "some internal problems" answer always. Can someone please give some more detailed answer on the internal requirements. I'm willing to do the work for the Windows ports, but I need more information. How is the Windows port built at Apple? Is it possible to switch it to a CMake generated project?

The biggest complicating factor is that when each project builds it only has access to its own source, and the built products from earlier projects. This was mentioned the last time you suggested switching to CMake for the Windows build: <https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2012-April/020291.html>.

- Mark