[webkit-dev] [blink-dev] Fwd: Unmaintained feature list

Michelangelo De Simone micdesim at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 11:19:53 PDT 2013

[Moved/Reposted to WebKit-Dev]

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at chromium.org> wrote:

>> What about adding a "NeedsOwner" keyword to orphan feature bugs,
>> marking them RESOLVED/LATER?
>
> I would be resistent to add such a keyword given there is no official
> "owner" for any feature in WebKit.

Call it however you like, it was just an example (appropriate
candidate might also be "NeedsPeceAndLove"); the idea is to track
orphan features that might be appealing to contributors seeking
opportunities and to give them at least some advantage in taking over.

> Also, we can always file a new bug to re-implement the feature when time
> comes.

What would be the rationale in this case? This doesn't seem very
convenient to me: tracking past work would save time and work to new
contributors.