[webkit-dev] Status of Windows Port?

Benjamin Poulain benjamin at webkit.org
Thu Apr 4 14:42:15 PDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 2:37 PM, Justin Haygood
<justin.haygood at reaktix.com>wrote:

>  Considering Safari 6 is Mac only, and the departing of Chromium (the
> defacto Windows WebKit browser until yesterday) what is the current status
> of the Windows port?
>
>  The webkit.org instructions still reference Visual Studio 2005 for
> instance

We should update that!

Any interest in making it a first class citizen again so that Windows users
> can potentially have a official WebKit(2) browser and application
> developers have a more or less officially supported library that isn't
> Chromium based?

There is one: Qt.
The Qt port uses WebKit2 and supports Windows :)

I would prefer seeing more work on existing stable ports to make them
better rather than spreading the effort on a new port.

Cheers,
Benjamin