[webkit-dev] Hash tables and unique string identifiers in JavaScriptCore

Geoffrey Garen ggaren at apple.com
Wed Sep 19 17:34:00 PDT 2012

> Thanks! Do you mind pointing me to where this happens in the code? (passing an Identifer to a C++ helper?)

Here's an example function called by the JIT, from DFGOperations.cpp:

void DFG_OPERATION operationPutByIdNonStrict(ExecState* exec, EncodedJSValue encodedValue, JSCell* base, Identifier* propertyName)
{
    JSGlobalData* globalData = &exec->globalData();
    NativeCallFrameTracer tracer(globalData, exec);

    PutPropertySlot slot(false);
    base->methodTable()->put(base, exec, *propertyName, JSValue::decode(encodedValue), slot);
}

Geoff