[webkit-dev] Baselines ignoring metrics

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Wed Sep 19 13:54:49 PDT 2012

On Wednesday 19 September 2012, Dirk Pranke wrote:
> After some limited amount of thought, I'm inclined to agree with
> Ryosuke and Ossy here. If we have tests that don't depend on checking
> the metrics, can they just be dumpAsText tests or reftests instead?

They could be. The tests I had in mind and made a conversion for are however
examples of tests from external test suites. We have many tests of this
nature, and converting them all the a webkit specific framework would be a lot
of work, no one would actually do, and would mean we could not share and
update the tests as easily with other members of W3C.

This is exactly why I asked for what kind of guidelines we should make for
when we should use baselines without metrics. For instance we could decide new
tests cases made for WebKit bugs should alway use dumpAsText, and restrict
this feature to only test cases from an external source, or only older tests.

Best regards
`Allan Sandfeld