[webkit-dev] DRT/WTR should clear the cache at the beginning of each test?

Ami Fischman fischman at chromium.org
Fri Oct 26 11:07:17 PDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Dirk Pranke <dpranke at chromium.org> wrote:

> I don't know that there was consensus that every port had to be
> updated at the same time; in fact Balazs said Qt and EFL already clear
> the cache.

Yes; the implication I took from the feedback on the bug was that if they
can't all be made hermetic, they the ones that were already hermetic should
be made consistent with the non-hermetic ones (which seems insane to me).

I think you should just land the change for Chromium and let others
> update their ports as needed.

I don't disagree with you, but I do need an r+.  Feel free to provide it :)

> The value in reduced flakiness and more predictability outweighs anything
> else in my book. Test coverage that you can't explain or rely on doesn't
> count for much to me.

Amen.

-a