[webkit-dev] Transformations precision: double -> float

Gabor Rapcsanyi rgabor at inf.u-szeged.hu
Fri Oct 12 02:08:24 PDT 2012

Yes I agree that we need to do some measures to see the benefits of floats.
But it's not just about the performance and memory gain of the floats, I
would like to make ARM SIMD optimizations for the transformation
functions to fasten up them, but ARM NEON technology only works with
floats that's why I want to change the doubles.
I would prefer a typedef solution to make this configurable as Ryosuke
said, and then the ports could chose whether they need floats, doubles
or long doubles.

- Gabor