[webkit-dev] x32 support of JavaScriptCore

Xian, Yuqiang yuqiang.xian at intel.com
Thu Oct 11 00:13:40 PDT 2012

Thanks for the suggestions, Kenneth.

I'm refining the code and trying to enable the last major component - the low level interpreter for x32.
Yes it's ideal if we can upstream the code, and as you mentioned, keep maintaining it. The buildbot is a good idea while we are still way far from it - it requires a mature x32 system which at least supports all of the things that a WebKit port depends on. I know there're efforts porting Gentoo and Fedora to x32 - we may depend on each other.

Currently I'm testing the JSC shell only. Though I use the EFL port, I eliminated most of the unnecessary dependencies on EFL libraries to run the JSC shell, so that I don't need to put efforts on compiling and enabling those dependencies for x32 at current stage.

Thanks, -Yuqiang