[webkit-dev] Discussing bug 98539 - Refactor resource loading to allow for out-of-process loading and memory caching

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Mon Oct 8 11:35:07 PDT 2012

08.10.2012, в 11:23, Brady Eidson <beidson at apple.com> написал(а):

> On a slightly different note it seems reasonable to me that a WebCore ResourceRequest have target-type/priority-type information attached to it.
>
> I don't know if doing that has come up in the past and different conclusions we reached.  I haven't placed a lot of thought into that since it doesn't seem directly necessary for this effort.

ResourceRequest is a network level concept, so making it know about whether it loads a stylesheet, a script or an XHR is clearly a layering violation. Giving it some kind of generic priority is not, on the other hand.

Anyway, as Brady mentioned, this is not related to this refactoring.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov