[webkit-dev] add NeedsRebaseline keyword to TestExpectations as a way to hande updating pixel tests?

Stephen Chenney schenney at chromium.org
Thu Oct 4 15:58:13 PDT 2012

I also like this idea. I particularly like the side effect of making it
clear when a patch is modifying a test result that is itself not
necessarily up to date.

I suggest a policy that says you must rebaseline a test before committing a
patch that would change that test (if the test is marked as needing
rebaselining). Otherwise I see the potential for situations in which the
status of a test gets confused due to overlapping patches or roll-outs.

That also means we need an easy way to determine if a patch affects tests
that are not reporting errors due to rebaselining. Can we have
new-run-webkit-tests show, in the test results summary, the tests that you
failed that need rebaselining?

Cheers,
Stephen.