[webkit-dev] Catching events in JavaScript and the onload event

Mihai Balan mibalan at adobe.com
Mon Oct 1 00:54:03 PDT 2012

Well, about your second question - onload does *NOT* guarantee that the document is done rendering. All it does say is that all the HTML code was loaded and the DOM tree corresponding to this "initial" snapshot has been created. It does not cover things like DOM altering via script, image loads, etc. And as far as I know, there's no way to tell with 100% certainty that your page has finished loading *everything* - especially if there's JavaScript involved.

Hope this helps,
m.

Mihai Balan | Quality Engineer / WebKit team |  mibalan at adobe.com<mailto:mibalan at adobe.com> | +4-031.413.3653 / x83653 | Adobe Systems Romania