[webkit-dev] Adding <main> element to WebCore

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Thu Nov 29 22:18:30 PST 2012

On Nov 29, 2012, at 10:00 PM, Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve at gmail.com> wrote:

> maciej wrote:
>> The WHATWG has pretty clearly rejected the idea of the <main> element
> can you point to a clear rejection in any of the relevant threads on
> the WHATWG apart from hixies?
> I would suggest the WHATWG has general support for adding main, but I
> may not be understanding what is meant by a whatwg rejection in this
> case.

I mean that by the whatwg process, if Hixie says no clearly and definitively, that is the decision. I say this not to judge, just to describe what it is. This does not of course mean that everyone who participates in the WHATWG agrees.

The only thing I see as likely to change things in the whatwg is implementations appearing.