[webkit-dev] Github vs. git.webkit.org

Gergely Kis gergely at homejinni.com
Sat Nov 24 13:39:09 PST 2012

Hi,

It looks like that the github mirror and git.webkit.org still has different
SHA ids for commits. Is this final, or is the plan still to switch to the
git.webkit.org SHA ids?

For our MIPS staging repository we created a new mirror on github from
git.webkit.org, and now we were asked by the github admins to reduce the
repository to less than 1GB. I assume that if we would fork from the
github.com/WebKit/webkit repository, then it would be fine with the github
admins.

However, if it is still the plan to switch to the git.webkit.org SHA ids in
the github mirror as well, then we would like to avoid the extra work of
rebasing our work to the github mirror commits, and then rebasing it back
when the transition is made.

We have to decide in the next couple days, because github will disable
access to our repository again, so any status update on this transition
plan would be helpful.

Alternatively, if you have any experience with the github admins in how to
ask for more space for webkit repositories, any advice would be very
appreciated.

Best Regards,
Gergely Kis