[webkit-dev] generic test expectations?

Dirk Pranke dpranke at chromium.org
Tue Nov 13 11:09:25 PST 2012

We don't currently support port-specific reftests (or at least, not
very well), and we certainly should be trying to minimize where they
occur. Perhaps we should discuss why you need them (in a separate
thread with a separate subject line)? It sounds like this largely has
to do with what features are enabled and/or supported? Perhaps said
tests should just be skipped in the meantime?

At any rate, we encourage people these days to check in expected
failures rather than suppressing them using the TestExpectations
files. I am hoping this week to finally get back to working on the
"-failing" feature so you can at least distinguish expectations that
are known to be failing/incorrect more easily.

-- Dirk