[webkit-dev] testharness Wiki page added

Jacob Goldstein jacobg at adobe.com
Thu May 31 15:33:34 PDT 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 11:18 AM, Jacob Goldstein <jacobg at adobe.com<mailto:jacobg at adobe.com>> wrote:
I added the following Wiki page to provide some information on testharness.js (the JavaScript framework from W3C recently landed in WebKit):
http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/Writing%20testharness%20Tests

I also updated the text under "Writing JavaScript-based DOM only test cases" on this page http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/Writing%20Layout%20Tests%20for%20DumpRenderTree.

Note that I am recommending the use of testharness.js / testharnessreport.js over js-test-pre.js/js-test-post.js, when applicable, since tests written using testharness can be copied to the W3C test repository with only minor changes.

Note that this isn't true once we start using layoutTestController in the test.

Tests that we currently use LTC such as to invoke mouse events, keyboard events, etc... are currently manual tests in W3C test suites. They use meta elements to tag manual tests but the actual instruction is just regular English sentences. It would be good to codify this information so that we can automate some of W3C manual tests at least in WebKit.

Would the W3C WebDriver specification you mentioned in another thread replace the need to use LTC for these types of events?

- Ryosuke