[webkit-dev] JSGlobalData & GC collection thread lifetime if webview is recreated without application exit.

Mayur K eminemence at gmail.com
Tue May 22 23:26:45 PDT 2012

Hi All,
I have been studying the JS execution and noticed that the JSGlobalData is
stored in a static variable and never deleted.
I traced even the windows port and noticed one more thing, that the
JSGlobalData and the Heap class destructor are never called. As it is
static I assume that the JSGlobalData is cleaned up automatically on
process exit.
I realised that this would in turn have an effect if we delete the webview
and recreate it again. The JSGlobalData will still point to the old static
var.

So now to my question : Is it required to delete JSGlobalData and kill the
GC thread if we keep on re-creating the webview again and again without
exiting the process?

Thanks.
--Mayur.

--