[webkit-dev] Deprecation of CSSStyleDeclaration -> getPropertyShorthand method.

Evan Martin evan at chromium.org
Mon May 21 11:21:56 PDT 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 11:09 AM, Alexis Menard
<alexis.menard at openbossa.org> wrote:
> - It is exposed to the web therefore it could potentially break
> something. A quick search of "getPropertyShorthand" on google doesn't
> show much except stuff happening on webkit.org (i know this is far
> from being accurate on whether this function is used or not but it
> means nobody ever wrote about it).

A search over the code on github:
  https://github.com/search?q=getPropertyShorthand+-InjectedScript+-CSSStyleDeclaration+-DOMCSSStyleDeclaration+-%22overflow-property-expected%22+-style.html&repo=&langOverride=&start_value=1&type=Code&language=

found at least one user:
  https://github.com/keishi/JSSyntaxHighlight/blob/14467eef9ae9a4e4624d8ee5bac0b8e0b42b7db1/utilities.js#L390
However, that file has an Apple copyright on it so it might be
borrowed from the inspector or something.

(Github's search query syntax isn't so predictable so I may have
missed something.)

I also checked Google's source repository (e.g. gmail/docs/etc) and
found no uses.