[webkit-dev] Simplifying syntax in test_expectations.txt (bug 86691)

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Thu May 17 16:00:48 PDT 2012

On May 17, 2012, at 12:53 PM, Dirk Pranke <dpranke at chromium.org> wrote:

> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:
>>
>> I find either all-lowercase or all-caps to be much harder to read than
>> capitalized words. They look like a blob of letters to me.
>
> We might have to agree to disagree here, then, but that's fine.
>
> If there was a clear consensus that one style or another is better, we
> should go with that.

Which you like better esthetically may be a matter of taste. But it's an objective, scientifically established fact that all-caps text is harder to read than lowercase or mixed case, and reduces reading speed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_caps#Readability
http://uxmovement.com/content/all-caps-hard-for-users-to-read/

Regards,
Maciej