[webkit-dev] How to use local icon for Web Notification API?

Li-Chung Chang clc168 at gmail.com
Tue May 15 00:16:08 PDT 2012

Hi,

All *html & *js file are located in the local.
And follow the instructions from
http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/notifications/quick/

I take a try for showing a notification with local icon (URL:
 file:///xxxxx/icon.png)
like:
window.webkitNotifications.createnotification("file://xxxx/icon.png",
"Notification", "some detail.......").show();

I launched by "$google-chrome --allow-file-access-from-files"
Notification can be shown but the icon is blank....

BTW, Icon can be shown if URL is a with http:// prefix.

How to use local icon(file://) for web notification API?

Please reply if you get any suggestion for that.
Thanks.

Ziv