[webkit-dev] Is it possible to programmatically set the Safari Extension Whitelist?

Sam Halliday sam.halliday at gmail.com
Mon May 14 14:39:39 PDT 2012

Hi all,

(I hope this is the right list to be asking on - I couldn't find a specific
mailing list for Safari Extensions development).

I have successfully written my first Safari Extension. It loops through all
input elements and removes "autocomplete" attributes from type="text"
elements. This overrides idiotic websites which turn off autocompletion
(e.g. remembering usernames and passwords).

I define the Whitelist of my extensions (in the Extension Builder developer
tool) to be the websites I want this to work on. A major disadvantage -
which is stopping me from publicly releasing this extension - is that every
time I want it to apply to a new website, I have to add it to the Whitelist
in the Extension Builder and reload the extension.

Is there a way to programmatically edit the Whitelist or expose it to users
(and not just the developers)?

Regards, Sam