[webkit-dev] ChangeLogs

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Wed Mar 21 15:09:40 PDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 2:41 PM, David Levin <levin at chromium.org> wrote:

> I think the challenge in part is to explain why the ChangeLog is useful.
>
> Comments in there hopefully explain why as a guide to reviewers to give
> the reviewers and future onlookers a guide to the change.

I do agree that "why" comments are more useful than "what" comments are
most cases.

However, I'd say it's also helpful to summarize what a new function / class
does as well if the patch adds one. Since comments in the change log is for
a specific revision unlike comments in the code, it's less dangerous to add
"what" comment.

- Ryosuke