[webkit-dev] Using GitHub to Contribute to WebKit (Experimental)

Jarred Nicholls jarred at webkit.org
Fri Mar 16 12:50:05 PDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Ariya Hidayat <ariya.hidayat at gmail.com>wrote:

> > See point 3  of "Landing your code". Reviewer adds a link to pull
> > request  in changelog.
>
> But now it means I have to search in two places: Bugzilla and Github,
> in case I want to look up some past issues/problems.
>
> In fact, Github does not a way to search for review comments.

GitHub's API has hooks/events for comments on issues & PRs to where it
would be possible to integrate WebKit's GitHub mirror with Bugzilla so that
all comments on PRs could post back to the related Bugzilla bug.  Some
convention would be necessary in the PR title or description to figure out
which bug # it relates to, and a little work would be necessary to write
out the comment into Bugzilla with some code for context (by taking the
diff that's sitting on GitHub).

Definitely work involved, but doable.