[webkit-dev] Using GitHub to Contribute to WebKit (Experimental)

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Thu Mar 15 17:41:10 PDT 2012

Hi webkit-dev,

After reading last week's discussion about switching the project to
git, I wondered if it would be possible to get some of the benefits of
git-style development without forcing everyone to switch to git.

One of the benefits of git-style development is the ability to review
a series of patches at once.  GitHub has some nice tools to reviewing
pull requests, so I wrote up a short wiki page describing how someone
might use GitHub to contribute to WebKit:

https://trac.webkit.org/wiki/UsingGitHub

I'm not sure we'll want to switch the whole project over to GitHub any
time soon, but it might be something that folks who like git might
want to experiment with.

Happy hacking,
Adam