[webkit-dev] static build JavaScriptCore

Jacob Beard jbeard4 at cs.mcgill.ca
Tue Mar 13 19:19:34 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm doing performance testing research of various JavaScript
interpreters on a cluster of old Fedora machines. node/v8, rhino, and
spidermonkey shells all work fine on these machines, but jsc, which I
have been able to build on my recent Ubuntu box, is missing a shared
library dependency (libicu). I was able to build an old version of
JavaScriptCore from the source rpm in the Fedora repository, but it's
fairly old, and crashes a lot. I'd therefore like to create a static
build of a recent jsc on a newer machine, with all dependent libraries
compiled in, so that I can then run a recent jsc on the old cluster
machines.

I'm wondering if there's a straightforward way to create a static
build of jsc so that I can run jsc on these old machines, which do not
have the same libraries as the machine on which jsc was built?

I'd appreciate any guidance anyone can offer. Thanks,

Jake