[webkit-dev] Moving to Git?

Mark Rowe mrowe at apple.com
Fri Mar 9 12:30:35 PST 2012

On 2012-03-09, at 07:14, Ashod Nakashian <ashodnakashian at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> ________________________________

What you'll find is that the vast majority of SVN users are simply not participating in this email thread. You'll also find that many people that use git-svn are happy enough with the status quo since it gives those who chose to use it most of the benefits of a pure Git setup without forcing it on others.

In my opinion a substantial benefit needs to be demonstrated in order to convince the existing SVN users, many of which are substantial long-term contributors to the project, that it's worth it to them to relearn how to contribute to WebKit. And I do feel that SVN users need to want to switch to Git in order for it to be worth pursuing such a switch. As a heavy Git user myself I've not seen any arguments in this thread that would be convincing to someone not already familiar with Git.

- Mark