[webkit-dev] Configuring for Clang - building webkit 32-bit
webkit at gallery.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 02:31:42 PDT 2012
Thanks to those that replied to this.
For the benefit of anyone else in this situation, here is the summary:
- build-webkit fails to GCC instead of clang if the version of the developer tools is too old
- If you have previously installed XCode in the old /developer folder, then you upgrade via the app store the new version is installed in /Applications
- If you build like this it will still use the old XCode tools in /Developer (and hence fail to GCC)
- You need to use the xcode-select -switch instruction from the webkit page on "building" in order to tell the system to adopt the newer XCode from /Applications
- Now if you build-webkit it will use the new tools and be happy with clang.
For those trying to build with 32-bit you can add the options to build-webkit or you can set the default using set-webkit-configuration tool to 32-bit.
now building in 32-bit with clang. fingers crossed.........
Thanks for the help
> Hi Folks.
> I have been trying for weeks to build WebKit in 32-bit.
> My system is a MacMini Server with 10.7.4 and latest XCode.
> I update via SVN then use build-webkit. This creates a good working 64bit version.
> However, when I use build-webkit --32-bit or build-webkit ARCHS="i386 x86_64" ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH=NO I get various build failures which generally seem related to 32bit truncation of 64bit values.
> The folks who have responded to my bug report suggest this is because my system uses GCC when running build-webkit instead of clang.
> I wondered if someone could provide instructions on configuring this machine to use clang instead when running build-webkit.
More information about the webkit-dev