[webkit-dev] Configuring for Clang - building webkit 32-bit

Mark Gilbert webkit at gallery.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 02:31:42 PDT 2012

Thanks to those that replied to this.

For the benefit of anyone else in this situation, here is the summary:

- build-webkit fails to GCC instead of clang if the version of the developer tools is too old
- If you have previously installed XCode in the old /developer  folder, then you upgrade via the app store the new version is installed in /Applications
- If you build like this it will still use the old XCode tools in /Developer (and hence fail to GCC)
- You need to use the xcode-select -switch  instruction from the webkit page on "building" in order to tell the system to adopt the newer XCode from /Applications
- Now if you build-webkit it will use the new tools and be happy with clang.

For those trying to build with 32-bit you can add the options to build-webkit or you can set the default using set-webkit-configuration tool to 32-bit.

now building in 32-bit with clang.  fingers crossed.........

Thanks for the help