[webkit-dev] Tab focus order for plugins

Fady Samuel fsamuel at chromium.org
Tue Jun 26 10:26:48 PDT 2012

Hi all,

ap@ is away until July 18, and I was hoping to get some feedback on this
change for the WebCore changes.

In a nutshell, we'd like certain plugins in chromium to participate in tab
focus. My understanding from a recent thread in
whatwg<http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2012-June/036460.html>
is
that which controls participate in the tab focus cycle is up to the UA.

This change plumbs this decision out of WebCore to allow the WebKit
embedder to decide whether or not to allow a plugin to participate in tab
order on a per-plugin basis.

Are there any thoughts or objections to this patch?

By default, nothing changes. However certain plugins can choose to
participate in the tab focus order, if they support it.

Thanks,

Fady