[webkit-dev] SH4, MIPS, and legacy-ARM assemblers in JavaScriptCore

Gavin Barraclough barraclough at apple.com
Sat Jun 23 14:55:08 PDT 2012

On the topic of JIT support, the baseline JIT's role is increasingly only to serve only to gather profiling data for the DFG JIT, and if you want high performance JavaScript on your platform you need to have the DFG JIT enabled.

As the purpose of the two JITs becomes increasingly coupled it may grow difficult to support the baseline JIT alone without the DFG JIT (we already have a maze of ifdefs for the two JITs, two interpreters, assembler support, value profiling support, etc), so any platforms that want to continue to keep a JIT enabled should probably look into supporting the DFG JIT sooner rather than later.

cheers,
G.