[webkit-dev] Proposal to add 'compile-tools' step to the build bots

Osztrogonac Csaba oszi at inf.u-szeged.hu
Tue Jun 19 14:28:55 PDT 2012

Hi,

The idea is good, we should catching build errors as soon as possible. But why don't
you make the Apple's part of build-webkit to build DRT/WTR/ImageDiff/testbrowser/...
too? I checked the bot logs and it seems that all port (Qt,GTK,Chromium,EFL) except
Apple ports build everything in the compile-webkit step.

As far as I remember, the tools components build separately, because only developers
(who would like to run tests) and buildbots need DRT and friends. What if adding
--developer-build / --build-tools / ... or any similar option to build-webkit
instead of master.cfg hacking?

br,
Ossy