[webkit-dev] Compiling WebKit in 32 bit for Mac

Mark Gilbert webkit at gallery.co.uk
Sun Jun 17 11:12:15 PDT 2012

Hi There,

Could anyone enlighten me on how to create a 'build-webkit' tool which compiles the frameworks with 32-bit (and 64-bit perhaps).

I need a 32-bit compatible set of frameworks to allow the WebKit app to support 32-bit plug ins like the QuickTime plug in.

Using the 'build-webkit' too appears to produce only 64-bit binaries in the frameworks.

I want to rebuild webkit as 32/64 bit, with some tiny code changes, then insert these into the WebKit nightly application.  This is working fine with the 64-bit only build I am creating with 'build-webkit' but it doesn't then support the 32-bit plug ins (which the nightly build does when it arrives).

Clearly the nightly build is not using 'build-webkit' for the frameworks  since it comes with universal 64/32 bit

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Mark.