[webkit-dev] Can we distinguish imported tests in LayoutTests/css3 ?

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Mon Jun 11 14:29:33 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Jacob Goldstein <jacobg at adobe.com> wrote:

> On 6/11/12 2:24 PM, "Ryosuke Niwa" <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Jacob Goldstein <jacobg at adobe.com>wrote:
>>
>> Can we just create an imported-w3c folder at the same level as
>> LayoutTests?
>>

> You mean at trunk? I don't think that makes sense, and our testing
> infrastructure doesn't support that.
>

> Ah, ok. In that case the next best option is to put it within LayoutTests.
>  Are there any objections to this idea?

Yes, I object to that.

If we had created imported-w3c under LayoutTests, then I'd have to specify
multiple directories to run tests for each component. e.g. if we had
imported Aryeh's editing API tests from W3C repository, then I have to run
tests in both LayoutTests/editing and LayoutTests/imported-w3c/editing/

It would be much better if imported-w3c was inside editing so that
run-webkit-tests editing would run all editing tests.

- Ryosuke