[webkit-dev] can we stop using Skipped files?

Dirk Pranke dpranke at chromium.org
Fri Jun 8 12:22:06 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 10:14 AM, Zoltan Herczeg <zherczeg at webkit.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I don't see why it would make sense to keep two parallel tools for this
>> once all the workflow bugs people have are addressed.
>
> The reason is easy. In the past when people tried to add new features to
> NRWT, they were not allowed to because the feature is not useful for NRWT
> devs. Eventually people got tired of NRWT and use ORWT instead since its
> development is not as restricted. Is this changed?

Hi Zoltan,

I don't know who gave you that impression in the past; if it was me, I
apologize and that certainly wasn't my general intent. It might be
that I had preferred one approach to another, but perhaps that's a
different issue (I'd be happy to look at or revisit any specific
examples).

At any rate, I believe we are definitely open to adding new features;
feel free to suggest them or work on them!

-- Dirk