[webkit-dev] Defaulting --exit-after-n-failures to 0

Ojan Vafai ojan at chromium.org
Fri Jun 8 12:12:07 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 12:08 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 12:05 PM, Ojan Vafai <ojan at chromium.org> wrote:
>>
>> We'll still default --exit-after-n-crashes-or-timeouts to 20. That seems
>> more useful to me since you'd rarely hit this case locally and want to
>> continue running tests.
>>

> We should also increase this number. Non-chromium bots hit this limit all
> the time, and it's one of most frequent complaints about
> new-run-webkit-tests.

I have no objection to upping this number. We picked 20 fairly arbitrarily.
I think we picked it to match the number that the build.webkit.org bots
were using at the time. That said, every non-chromium bot is passing in 20
via the commandline as best I can tell, so changing the default won't
change anything there. Is it really true that non-chromium bots are hitting
this frequently?

Ojan