[webkit-dev] Enable MICRODATA feature by default

Arko Saha nghq36 at motorola.com
Tue Jul 31 00:55:26 PDT 2012

For an example :

test(function () {
    assert_equals( makeEl('div',{itemtype:' '}).itemType[0],
window.undefined );
}, 'itemType[index] must be undefined for out-of-range index');

makeEl method creates an element <div> with empty itemtype(0 tokens). Test
expects itemTpye[0] should return undefined, in our case it returns null.

According to the spec itemtpye attribute is a space-separated list.
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#attr-itemtype
We have defined itemtype attribute as :
readonly attribute [Conditional=MICRODATA] DOMSettableTokenList itemType;

DOMSettableTokenList returns null for out-of-range index.
So I thought it is specific to DOMSettableTokenList implementation. Or is
this the bug in our DOMSettableTokenList implementation? There are many
tests failing because of this.

Do you think, we should first resolve all these test issues and then think
of enabling feature by default? In that case I will raise a new bug and we
can then discuss the failed tests there.

Regards,
Arko