[webkit-dev] build time - lion vs mountain lion - 200% slowdown

Mark Rowe mrowe at apple.com
Fri Jul 27 13:40:08 PDT 2012

On 2012-07-27, at 13:33, Glenn Adams <glenn at skynav.com> wrote:

> Just upgraded from Lion to Mountain Lion (and XCode 4.4). Clean build time went from 29mins to 1h 29mins on a new 2.6GHz 16GB MacBook Pro 15" Retina. You might want to hold off on an upgrade unless you enjoy waiting for builds.

You didn't mention what port of WebKit you're building, but I'm going to assume you're building the Mac port. I suspect there's something isolated to your system that's caused this problem (low disk space? Spotlight indexing / Time Machine backup after the upgrade?) as I'm able to do a clean build on Mountain Lion on a MacBook Air in less time than what you're seeing. My Mac Pro's also show no obvious showdown in building relative to their days running Lion.

- Mark